Garou - The real artist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum not official

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Garou says...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Scarlett
Admin
Scarlett

Garou says... Empty
PostSubject: Garou says...   Garou says... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 3:25 am

Piece Of My Soul

Garou’s first English album Piece Of My Soul, incorporates the many sides of his musical personality and is somewhat an account of a day in his life: from the eye opening, energetic “Stand Up” to the late night, chilled out “Coming Home.” He found songs all over the world. From Sweden where most of the album was produced by Peer Astrom (Céline Dion, Madonna, Jennifer Lopez), he got “Burning”, a hypnotic ballad penned by Anders Melander, that first appeared some fifteen years ago as a local hit. “Coming Home” was written by Astrom and Canadian Aldo Nova (Céline Dion) after they saw Garou in concert at the Olympia in Paris. Kristian Lundin (Backstreet Boys, *NSYNC, Britney Spears) and his team were responsible for the powerful “Back For More.”

Aldo Nova who has often collaborated on Garou’s previous French albums, also co-wrote the track that gives the album its title “Take A Piece Of My Soul.”

From the UK, Don Mescall (Ronan Keating, Richie Havens, LeAnn Rimes) participated in the writing of three songs on the album: “Beautiful Regret”; “Heaven’s Table” (that Garou has been performing live in the last five years was the very first song he submitted to the project) and “What’s The Time i\In NYC”, which was co-written by Ronan Hardiman (Russell Watson, Ronan Keating, Michael Flatley.)

“Nothing Else Matters” was written by Dimitri Ehrlich and Andy Marvel, and is a based on a real-life experience that happened to supermodel and Sports Illustrated Swimsuit covergirl Petra Nemcova and her boyfriend during the infamous tsunami disaster in Thailand a few years back.

The song “The First Day Of My life” was co-written by Enrique Iglesias and Guy Chambers (Robbie Williams). From Holland, the song “Accidental” emerged as well as “You And I”, which was co-written by UK pop songstress Judie Tzuke. Matchbox twenty leader Rob Thomas provided the rock tinged song “Stand Up” that opens the album. It was the very last song recorded for the album and is the first single.

“All The Way” features lyrics by Garou himself. Based on his two passions: women and poker, the song is a clever essay in double-entendre. Piece Of My Soul also features other Internationally renowned writers and producers including: Anders Barrén, Paul Blenn, Andreas Carlsson , Carl Falk ,Wayne Hector, Kevin Hughes, Graham Kearns, Mattias Lindblom, Charlie Russel, Lucie Silvas, Martin Sutton, Alex Vargas, Anders Wolbeck.

Garou’s very first album in English exemplifies his unique voice, his undeniable charisma and is a wonderful musical journey. Enjoy.

Source: the official web
Back to top Go down
https://garou-artist.board-directory.net

Garou says...
Page 1 of 1