Garou - The real artist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum not official

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Garou says...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Scarlett
Admin
Scarlett

Garou says... Empty
PostSubject: Garou says...   Garou says... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 3:20 am

Seul: Authenticity in the Making

« Producing my album was another fairy tale. It’s like an enormous Christmas tree showered with presents! » Melodic offerings crafted by Bryan Adams, Richard Cocciante, Didier Barbelivien, Aldo Nova and Luc Plamondon, to name a few.

Though he was working with the dream team of the music industry, Garou was not shy about sharing his personal vision. He wanted to bring together various composers, producers, songwriters and other creative experts to make a very special album, an eclectic combination of styles tied together by a distinctive vision. « I wanted a multi-coloured album, but I was worried when I heard they were talking to people with styles as diverse as David Foster, Bryan Adams and Didier Barbelivien. In the end, that mixture became one sound because the people working on the album are like me. We’re all like-minded, so it’s completely me… »

In addition to his talents on the guitar, harmonica, trumpet, piano and organ, those close to Garou know him as a capable songwriter and composer. While he could have penned his own music for the album, Garou was more intrigued by the idea of exploring the inspirations of his fellow artists. « Right now, I’m enjoying this journey through their imagination. I could write songs about my past, but I like the idea of other artists conjuring up new images for me. Singing their songs is a bit like singing in the future. Because when you’re discovering someone else’s world, you’re moving forward. »

‘Seul’ (Luc Plamondon/Romano Musumarra) comprised 14 beautiful songs, chosen by Garou and Vito Luprano from a score of musical gems. A team of seasoned producers under the direction of Humberto Gatica worked their magic to lend a unique sound to each track. Luc Plamondon, Garou’s ’spiritual father’, was responsible for writing the words for most of the songs.

« Luc has been a key influence in my life. He is the reason I’m known today as a singer and an artist. » The pair’s synergy is almost palpable. « Sometimes Luc will hand me a text that expresses an idea I’ve had but haven’t yet mentioned to him. They’re totally my thoughts! It’s like reading myself on a page. »

One of the most powerful songs on the album is « La moitié du ciel » (Elisabeth Anais/Richard Cocciante) which decries the status of women in the world. Garou infuses the lyrics with the tragic memory of Isabelle, a friend who was savagely raped and killed by three men in 1996. « I think women are the essence of purity. This song is about the desire to protect the world’s most precious asset – women. »

Another track, « Criminel » (Luc Plamondon/Franck Langolff) is a fictional exploration of the themes of forbidden passion and unwholesome desire. « The song’s not based on any lived experience of mine. ‘Criminel’ poses a question and each person holds the answer for themselves – a bit like Socrates did when he asked pointed questions to his students, but never offered the answers. He asked them to drawn on their own life experiences to find a solution to the problem. You have to be conscious of what is evil in order to understand what is good. « Criminel » asks questions that we all have to answer for ourselves. »

For Garou, the main focus of his music is spreading happiness. « I don’t really do protest songs or songs that advocate any specific cause. My cause is spreading love, joy, happiness and integrity. These are the values I want to propagate. »

« I have utmost confidence in this album because I know, first and foremost, we all wanted to do a good job and make something real. I’m proud of absolutely every aspect of it. »

The craft of this album is ample evidence of that vision. ‘Seul’ was born, shaped, produced, and recorded with passion. Direct from the soul, and rewarded by a heartfelt listen. »

Source: the official web
Back to top Go down
https://garou-artist.board-directory.net

Garou says...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Garou - The real artist :: Garou :: Solo albums :: Seul 2001-
Jump to: